Here at Waves, we embrace and incorporate water safety with stroke refinement. We believe swim lessons should focus on safety first, then skills, either in a group or a private one-on-one setting. We also think there is no such thing as a "water safe" child. However, we know there are steps that we can take to educate and prepare for encounters with water such as pools, rivers, lakes, and the ocean.
Learning to recognize and respect safe water practices and make safe decisions around ALL types of water environments is a critical life skill that should go hand in hand with learning to swim and could save a life. What makes us different is that we do this by incorporating new, unique skills and tools that simulate other bodies of water and conditions. We are passionate about what we do and cannot wait to share our love of water with you. Being comfortable in the water is fun and opens the door to other enjoyable activities! We offer swim services to everyone, from infants to adults.
We want mature, dynamic, and positive people to join our team. We are a private, one-on-one, safety-based swim school that operates year-round. We are open Tuesday thru Saturday, 10 am- 6 pm (depending on the season). We are in a safe and family-friendly environment. We believe in Safety and the love of water FIRST and that swimming and water safety are a family affair.
Part-time and Full-time positions available
The schedule is set from January-May, June-August, and September-December.
Afternoon and Saturday are required.
Minimum of two shifts per week.
Starting pay begins at $14 and goes up after on-board training, work up to $20, depending on experience.
No teaching experience is required; we will train and pay you as you train!
Job Functions: Maintain and promote Wave’s safe environment by educating students and their families. Instructors work to build love and confidence in bodies of water of all kinds using the Waves Curriculum to students one month to 100 years young in water safety while teaching the skills necessary for students learning to swim, up to competitive strokes. Communicate lovingly, honestly, openly, and professionally with students and team members, and effectively communicate student progression. Welcome feedback and be willing to grow and learn continually. Ensure safety and emergency rules and procedures are always followed. Assist with cleanliness and organization of work environment. Instructors report to the lead instructor and site manager. Ensure cleanliness of deck and facility.
· Ability to stand, walk, stoop, jump, crouch, or swim up to five hours in water.
· The ability to lift, hold and move equipment or a child up to 50 pounds
· Must be 16 years old or older.
· Can commit to a minimum of 1 year and two shifts per week.
· Ability to communicate patiently and professionally and instruct all ages and types of people.
· Attention to detail and multitasking.
· Comfortable problem solving and ability to deal with issues that require immediate assistance.
· Must possess a love of water, but formal swim experience is not required.
· The candidate must be highly outgoing, have a professional attitude, enjoy working with people of all ages, be responsible, and have reliable transportation.
· Reliable transportation and attendance.
· American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguard Training
· Experience in aquatics and experience working in an instructional capacity.
· Paid time off
· Flexible schedule
· Employee discounts/swim lessons
· Paid training and travel opportunities
At our core, we believe in a family environment, safety, growth, and knowledge over perfection. Building our community is more important than building an empire. We are a place where every person can be successful; embrace the unique, whatever it takes, passion over profit.
If you are interested in waves coming to you for mobile lessons or private lifeguards, please fill out the form at the bottom of our home page.